|作者：佚名 文章来源：不详 更新时间：2007-4-14 2:44:19
How many emails or meeting request do you receive everyday? less than 100? or more than 100?
Many of us do not know how to manage those emails to transform those emails & meetings into an actionable items.
So, let's start with the agenda today:
1) Paradigm Shift (觀念轉移)
2) Task your email
3) Schedule your task in Calendar
4) Make full use of your Journal
5) Link up your contact
6) Put everything together
1) Paradigm Shift
- Let's do this experiment. Hold your both hand together. Your should have one thumb on top of the other. Now, change the position. The lower thumber overtops the upper thumb. How do you feel? No comfort? Try it a few times... you will see that the original position is not possible to change... What if you do it hundred times?
- The analogy of this experiment is to show that behaviour change is about practices and move out of comfort zone.
- For better time management, the first thing that you need to do is to change!
"For things to change, I must change first"
- So, what need to be change? It's your perception towards time.
- Most of us have a bad habit... We tend to rely on the urgency from others.. Urgency does not mean important...
- Split your time into the following categories
i. Urgent & Important
ii. Not urgent but important
iii. Urgent bu not important
iv. Not urgent and not important
- Which categories should you focus more? You would say the first one (i). Yes. Mostly true but if you just keep focusing on (i) then your life will be all about chasing rabbit.
- The trick to this is to focus on (ii). If you could manage your time mostly on (ii), you should see less (i).
- For (iii) & (iv), you should eliminate all of those.
- When you have emails in your mailbox, put them into tasks and categorize them. In Outlook, there are so many Easy-to-use User interface that you can assign the tasks. This will cover in (2)
参考:Stephen R. Covey, "First Things First"