|作者：佚名 文章来源：互联网 更新时间：2011-6-20 17:06:37
31. It's not __ good idea to drive for four hours without _ break.
A. a; a B. a: the C. the; a D. the; the
32. We felt ________ when Liu Xiang won the first prize again in the race.
A. brave B. proud C. successful D. worried
33. -- May I go out now. Dad?
-- No. You __ let your mother know first.
A. can B. may C. need D. must
34. -- I'm hungry, ls there any bread in the fridge?
-- ______but we have cakes. Would you like to have one?
A. Some B. Much C. None D. Nothing
35. If you want to go to see the movie this evening, so __ I.
A. do B. am C. will D. should
36. -- I have great __ in learning math and I'm so worried. Could you help me?
-- Sure. I'd be glad to.
A. trouble B. interest " C. joy D. fun
37. He promised to pick me up at the school gate. However. he __ yet.
A. didn't arrive B. doesn't an'lye C. isn't arriving D. hasn't arrived
38. My father was preparing for his speech __ my mother was doing some washing last night.
A. if B. while C. unless D. until
39. I can hardly hear what it is saying on TV. Would you please
A. turn it up B. turn il down C. turn it on D. tuna it off
40. -- l'm always a little nervous when I talk to Mr. Smith.
-- _____ He is strict, but he is kind to his students.
A. That's right B. What a pity C. Fake it easy D. Take your time
41. We can't do listening .practice today, for Miss Zhao's tape-recorder doesn't
A. act 13. do C. serve D. work42. I hear our teacher will be back three weeks' time.
A. at B. in C. for D. after43. Don't worry. Your package here until you come back, so enjoy shopping here.
A. will keep B. has kept C. will be kept D. has been kept44. Jack is good at drawing. I think no one draws __--
A. better B. best C. worse D. worst45. What a" nice day! We should go sightseeing __ watching TV in the hotel.
A. because of B. instead of C. together with D. out of46. The food here smells good, but what does it like?
A. taste B. touch C. seem D. feel47. -- Tony, don't draw on the wall. It isn't a good behavior.
A. Never mind. B. Yes, I'd love to. C. Of course not. "D. Sorry, I won't.48. You'd better take the map with you you won't get lost,
A. as long as B. as soon as C. now that D. so that49. Hey, Nick. comes the last bus! Hurry up, or we'll have to walk home.
A. This B. There C. That D. It50. -- Are you sure you can' do well in tomorrow's test, Lucy?
-- . I've got everything ready.
A. It's hard to say B. I'm afraid not C. I think so D. I hope not
Mr. Black loved his daughter Helen very much. Every day he spent all of his free time 51 with her. One night, he had much work to do, 52 couldn't play with his daughter. In order to keep her 53 , he found a map of the world in a magazine and cut it into pieces. When he 54 , Helen. camerunning to him and was ready to play. Mr. Black said he had
55 time to play fight now. He told the girl to put the pieces of paper back together to a map of the world, and then they could both play.
About half an hour later, Helen came to her father and said, "Okay, it's finished. Can we play now? " Mr. Black was surprised ~ saying, "That's 56 Let's go and see. " And sure enough, there was the picture of the world; all put together, every 57 in its place.
Mr. Black said, "That's surprising! 58 did you do that?" Helen said, "It was 59 . On the back of the page was a picture of a 60 .When I put the man together, the whole world fell into place. "
51. A. working B. running C. playing D. walking
52. A. or B. and C. but D, then
53. A. sleepy . B. warm C. free D, busy
54. A. left home B. got home C. let the office D. got to the office
55. A. no B. enough C. much D. some
56. A. right "B. wrong C. possible D. impossible
57. A. map B. picture C. piece D. page
58. A. How B. Why C. When D. Where
59. A. hard B. simple C. difficult D. different
60. A. boy B. girl C. man D; woman
Three small "fish lived in the sea. When they were very young, their parents died. They had to 61 each other day after day. Finally, they grew up and 62 to swim deeper and further.
One morning, the three fish were 63 to a shallow (浅) water by a big wave (浪). A small boat was taken there, too. It was hard for the fish to go back to the sea because the boat was fight in front of them. The largest fish realised that they were 64 , and said they had to find a way to leave there as fast as possible. The second largest fish 65 with his elder brother, but the youngest one did not. He said that there was much 66 for their activities, so he would not worry at all and still swam around 67
At last, the largest fish returned to the 68 by jumping over the lowestpart of t-he boat. The second largest fish also succeeded in 69 his eider brother in the other side of water. But the youngest one didn't follow them and still swam joyfully.
Two hours later, when the 70 rose up, the water in the small shallow corner dried up. The fish who did not try to return to the sea died of lack(缺乏)of water.
61. A. listen to B. look after C. talk with D. worry about
62. A. dared B. hated C. refused D~ stopped
63. A. allowed B. given C. invited D. taken
64. A. in safety B. in doubt C. in danger D. in peace
65. A. agreed B. talked C. compared D. discussed66. A. time B. food C. water D? air67. A. slowly B. sadly C. luckily D. happily68. A. sea B. river C. lake D. pond69. A. catching B. joining C. taking D. telling70. A. storm B. stars C. moon D. sun
A: Hey, Gina. Do you want some ice cream? B : No, thanks. 71 A: Really? Where are you going? B : I'm going to play baseball. Do you want to come? A: Sorry, I can't. 72 B : Well, come later then. We're playing all afternoon. A: 73 But I'm not very good at baseball. B : Don't worry about that. 74 You can just watch
Come on, it'll be fun. A: Well, OK. 75 B: OK. See you!
A．It sounds nice．
B．See you later．
C．I need to studv．
D．I'm going out．
E．I don't think so．
F．You don't have to play．
G．You can do that again．
What is your favorite color? Do you like yellow, orange, or red? If you do, you must be an active person who enjoys life. Do you like blue? Then you are probably quiet, shy, and would rather follow than lead.
Colors do influence our moods (情绪). A yellow room makes most people feel more cheerful and more relaxed than a dark green one; and a red dress brings warmth and cheer to the saddest winter day. On the other hand, black is depressing(令人压抑的). There was a black bridge over the Thames River, near London. The number of people who killed themselves on that bridge used to be larger than on any other bridge in the area -- until it was repainted green.
Light and bright colors make people not only happier but also more active. In the factory, the workers will work better, harder, and have fewer accidents when their machines are painted orange rather than black.
76. An active person may like
A. yellow, orange, or red B. yellow, black, or red
C. orange, blue, or black D. black, red, or orange
77. Most people feel more __ in a yellow room than in a dark green one.
A. tired B. bored C. worried D. relaxed
78. More people killed themselves on the black bridge than on any other bridge probably because ____
A. the bridge was very tall B. the bridge was too crowded
C. people didn't like the bridge D. the color of the bridge was depressing
79. In the factory, when the machines are painted orange, the workers will work __
A. worse B. harder C. more slowly D. more angrily
80. Which could be the best title for the passage?
A. Cheerful Colors B. Your Favorite Color
C. The Secret of Color D. The Color of a Bridge
81. If you want to eat some seafood, you can go to __
A. Willie Mae's B. Natasha's Kitchen
C. EIFFEL SOCIETY D. HOSHUN RESTAURANT
82. You can call if you want to have a taste of Southern home cooking.
A. 540-302-9717 B. 504-525-2951 C. 504-410-9997 D. 504-822-9503
83. You can eat some food in EIFFEL SOCIETY.
A. Indian B. Russian C. Chinese D. Japanese
84. The latest business hour lasts until among the four restaurants.
A. 2am B. 3 am C. 3 pm D. lO:30pm
85. You can have __ choices if you want to have dinner at 6 pm on Saturday Evening.
A. one B. two C. three D. four
86. What is Mary's problem?
A. Sh.e is so worried and can't sleep. B. She can't pass the exam.
C. She can't communicate with others. D. She can't study English well.
87. Donna thinks Mary's problem is __
A. great B. common C. wonderful D. serious
88. The word "reduce" in the passage probably means
A. 减少 B. 排除 C. 加强 D. 增加
89. Donna thinks that can help Mary think more clearly.
A. eating a lot of sugar B. studying six hours every day
C. drinking a lot of coffee D. eating foods high in Vitamin B
90. Which of the following is TRUE according to Donna's letter?
A. The best time to study is from 10 pm to 1 am.
B. Walking outside can make you remember more.
C. It's good to tell a study partner about your feeling.
D. It's necessary to have a rest for 15 to 20 minutes an hour.
Charles Chaplin was born in London on April 16, 1889. His parents were music hall actors. The Chaplin family were very poor, and life was difficult in London. Charlie, as he was called, used to do his mother's job in the theatre when she was ill.
When he was only 17 years old, Chaplin got his first real job as an actor. What he did was to do silly things to make people laugh in the theatre. Seven years later he went to the USA. And over the next four years, he formed his own way of art. He developed the character (~J ~, )of a homeless gentleman which became very popular.
From the 1920s to the 1950s, Chaplin made his most famous films. The film Modern Times (1936) shows his care about the modern industry workers. Many of his films describe the poor life and hard time of the working people during that period.
Although Charlie Chaplin was British, he lived in the USA until 1953. But he never got US nationality. Then Chaplin, his wife' and his five children had to move to Switzerland where he lived until he died. When he was 83 years old, he won his only Oscar for the music he wrote for the film Limelight. He was named Sir Charles Chaplin at the age of 85. Charlie Chaplin died in Switzerland on December 25th, 1975.
91. Chaplin used to __ when his mother was ill.
A. look after her B. do the housework
C. do his mother's job D. do his father's job
92. From Paragraph 2, we can know that __ A. Chaplin went to the USA when he was 24 years old ~
B. Chaplin became famous when he was 17 years old
C. people liked Chaplin because he was a homeless gentleman
D. Chaplin did many silly things to make people laugh in the street
93. __ Chaplin made his most famous films.
A. From 1889 to 1936 B. From the 1920s to th~ 1950s
C. From 1953 to 1975 D. From the 1950s to the 1980s
94. We can infer.from the passage that Chaplin left the USA because of __
A. his family B. his work
C. the US government D. the Swiss government
95. Chaplin won the Oscar for __ when he was 83 years old.
A. the acting B. the art C. the film D. the music
96. She r (骑) to school on her bicycle everyday.
97. My grandma often gets UP e (早) to do exercise.
98. My main t (任务) was to prepare for the meeting.
99. Linda is a s (聪明) and hard-working student.100. He told me to go out to find some s (枝条) for a fire.
参考词汇 : volunteer 志愿者
I'm glad to have received your letter. Our holiday life has changed a lot.
Best wishes !